A MEANINGFUL BAR/BAT MITZVAH FOR HIM & HER
- Be well prepared for their big day and understand the meaning and lessons represented in the day.
- Happily enjoy their pre-Bar/Bat Mitzvah preparations.
- Learn to chant the Blessings before and after the Haftarah, Torah and/or Havdalah chanting.
- Learn to chant the Haftarah, Torah and/or Havdalah portions for the assigned Shabbat in the traditional Trop (tune).
- Learn significant parts of the Prayer and Shabbat services.
- Understand content of the Torah, Haftorah & Havdalah service.
- Write a beautiful and meaningful speech that explains what becoming a Bar/Bat Mitzvah means to them using a lesson learned from his/her Torah Portion.
There are several ways to celebrate this special occasion to honor your child:
The Havdalah Service
The Havdalah service is a very beautiful and popular Bar/Bat Mitzvah ceremony here at the Center. It is very symbolic and full of lessons that the Bar/Bat Mitzvah student can appreciate and learn from.
The Saturday Afternoon Mincha Service
This service offers the opportunity for the Bar/Bat Mitzvah to lead selected parts of the service, to recite their speech and then continue with the Havdalah ceremony.
The Saturday Morning Service
This service takes place Saturday morning from 10:00am – 12:30pm. It offers the opportunity for the Bar Mitzvah to read from the Bimah –Torah Reading Table, to recite selected prayers through-out the service and to recite a speech.
A Service in Israel
Can’t find the right service for your child and family? That’s where we come in. Please contact us and we can discuss together your family’s needs and preferences, ensuring your child’s big day is beautiful, meaningful and special.